“Rodzina 500 plus” is a new system of support for families with young children. Basically every Polish family can apply for financial help and get 500 złoty per month extra. Foreigners can do it as well, however a couple of conditions must be fulfilled.“Rodzina 500 plus” is a new system of support for families with young children. Basically every Polish family can apply for financial help and get 500 złoty per month extra. Foreigners can do it as well, however a couple of conditions must be fulfilled.
How does it work?
The “500 plus” program concerns people with under-aged children. Normally they receive 500 zł every month for their second and every child after that. This means that you will not get the benefit if you have only one child. For two children you will get 500 zł/month, for 3 – 1000 zł/month, and so on. There is one exception: when the per capita income per family does not exceed 800 zł (1200 zł for families with disabled children), you will get the support for every child, even if you have only one.
How can I apply?
First of all, make sure you belong to one of the categories marked below:
• your country and Poland have common regulations regarding social security system (most of the European countries)
• your country and Poland have signed a bilateral agreement regarding social security system (USA, Australia, South Korea, Ukraine and others)
• you are an EU Blue Card holder
• you have access to the Polish labour market (a proper annotation should be marked on your residence card)
Secondly, fill in the main form. You can find it on the Wrocław MOPS (Municipal Social Support Center) site, along with further information and additional forms [ link ]. Prepare a declaration of non taxed income as well. File them at Namysłowska 8, in the Customer Service Bureau. From August till November they are open everyday from 7.30am till 5:00pm, normally on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 7.30am till 3:00pm, and from 7.30am till 4:00pm on Thursday. You can also do it electronically, through your bank or via post.
• the benefit is not taxed
• the marital status of parents is not relevant
• If you benefit from another country’s support system, you can’t apply for 500 plus
In order to get more information about Polish social security system, visit the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy page (English version available here).