Registration in Poland. Zameldowanie for foreigners (EU and non-EU)


Every foreigner who comes to Poland and stays here over 14 days is obliged to file for zameldowanie. Simply speaking, you have to register your polish residency address. You can apply for two types of registration temporary (if you plan to return to your home country) and permanent (if you move permanently to Poland). You will need zameldowanie (registration of residential address) to get a PESEL number or a residence card.

If you are an EU/EEA citizen (or their family member), you need to register within 30 days of your arrival.

If you are a nonEU resident, you have 4 days to ask for your address registration.

Temporary residence registration

Prepare your tenancy contract. In case you own real estate in Poland, you will need a document confirming your ownership.

Fill in the temporary residence registration form (you can find it (here). If you rent an apartment or a house, make sure that its owner (your landlord) signs it as well.

If you are an EU/EFTA citizen, prepare your ID/passport and confirmation that you have legalized your stay in Poland (you should have received it from the Voivodeship office when you registered there. It looks like this ().

If you are a family member of an EU/EFTA resident, you have to present a valid travel document and an EU family member residence card.

If you are not an EU/EFTA citizen or their family, they will need your passport and visa (or any other valid travel document/residence card/confirmation of your residence permit, etc.).

Permanent residence registration

Required documents are the same as in the case of applying for temporary residence registration, theres only one difference: instead of filling in the form above, you complete this one (the permanent residence registration form, link (here).

Where to deliver the documents?

You complete your registration in an urząd gminy. In Wrocław, it is simply the municipality office urząd miasta. There are three departments responsible for residency registration, located in different parts of the city where you can go to obtain your zameldowanie:

  • Gabrieli Zapolskiej 4, stands 8 – 15
  • Nowy Targ 1– 8, stands 1 – 4, 6
  • Marcina Kromera 44, stands 3 – 5

Here you can find their working hours and contact numbers ().

How much does it cost?

The service is free of charge, only the attestation of your zameldowanie on paper costs 17 PLN.

How much time does it take to get zameldowanie?

You get registered immediately, an office worker registers you right after getting your documents. You may only have to wait for a written confirmation of zameldowanie.

You can find further information on the website of Ministry of the Interior and Administration (English version available, link (here): and at (here).

Previous articleNIP number for foreigners
Next articleWork permit


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here